Sunday, July 20, 2008

Scout Camp Raymond

The week of July 14 to 19, 2008, our troop went to Scout Camp Raymond. It was very enjoyable and I was Senior Patrol Leader, so I had a lot of responsability. I took care of the troop firesides, camp inspections, SPL (senior patrol leader) meetings and on top of that there was more lightning and thunder than I wanted. When lightning strikes 1/8 mile from you, it's loud. Trust me.
We shared campsite three with another troop so a lot of assigning and negotiating was needed to be taken care of for things like shower duty and latrine duty.
This is one of the scouts wondering what the heck I was doing.
This is our good old responsible, organized scoutmaster: Brother Jordan.
Yes Jed, we all know that camping is tiring but you need to get up!
Above is the ramada that was centered in the camp.
This is Nick flipping his hair because "he's cool like that."

2 comments:

Rach =o) said...

I'm happy you had fun Son. Great pictures, but I wish there was one of you in there. =o)

Becky said...

Sounds like you did a great job with all of your responsibilities! I'm glad the lightning didn't come any cloers :)